Changes made in version 2.0 of the CAB Local Information system
Version 2.0 incorporates the following changes to version 1 of the system:
- Reader program:
- We improved the presentation of items that include bullet points.
- When you run the program, it looks to see if it is already running and, if it is, asks you if you really want to run it twice.
- We removed the search examples from the left hand side of the screen - we found they were distracting to advisers.
- We corrected a bug in the maintenance program that prevented you from deleting review dates from items in the database.
- When changing items, the maintenance program now checks the structure of any HTML you use to add layout to items (For example: bold text, italic text and bullet points).
- We enhanced the help text that explains how to use HTML to add layout to your items.
- When using the maintenance program to check links from the database:
- We reduced scope for falsely reporting problems
- You can now specify the range of links you want to check; this allows you to spread link checking out over several days - you no longer have to check them all at once
- The list of problem links is sorted alphabetically so you can see more easily if there are several problems with the same site.
- The program shows progress bars so you can see how much more checking needs to be done
- We reduced the time it takes for the program to detect a site is not responding which reduces overall checking times (the time-out figure is now tailorable).
The biggest change, however, was the introduction of new programs to allow bureaux to install, manage and maintain the system with the minimum of IT expertise. The installation materials no longer require you to tailor the Epsom & Ewell bureau's configuration. Instead you are guided through the installation by a combination of worksheets in the installation guide and supplied installation programs.
Click here to get your free copy of the system .