The enquiry program
A simple way for people to find the information they need
The main features of the enquiry program are:
- Simple to use - one entry box and several buttons
- Search results can link through to:
- Web pages
- Documents in your network or on the internet
- Paper documents, leaflets, etc held in your filing systems
- Incorporates Internet Explorer so your data can link through to relevant websites right inside the program using 'Forward' and 'Back like you do with a web browser
- Two different search options: one finds text anywhere in a search term; the other finds words starting with your search test
- Searches use index entries you define, so an item about GPs can also be found by searching for "Doctor"
- Popular items are shown at the top of the list
- Obscure or historic information is held for reference, but not shown unless you ask to see it
- You can define additional buttons to help advisers
- People can choose their preferred sort order for search results
- Each person can resize the text in the system to fit their needs
- People can change the size and layout of the enquiry screen to fit the way they work and the screen they are using
- Can be used as a simple web browser
- Search results can be printed for review and audit purposes
- Context-sensitive help is available throughout
We provide a short walk-through of the enquiry program that includes screen shots so you can see what the system looks like.
Find out about other components of the desktop version.
Find out about the intranet version.
Get your free copy of the Local Information System.